Tuesday 7 June 2011

Bookmark

I made this bookmark using mostly scraps that were on my desk. Double-click on it for a better view.


It started with part of a page from an old atlas stuck onto a strip of watercolour paper. I then sprayed blue and then yellow over stencils. Then came the first layer, collage pieces plus the two bits of tissue tape (the butterflies). I then added the film strip and edged the bookmark with Distress Ink. To finish it off I covered the back with decorative paper so nobody can see the stains!

3 comments:

cheryl said...

oh this is one brilliant bookmark hun hugs cheryl xx

K J D said...

this is beautiful and useful.... Karenx

Heavens2Betsy said...

This is gorgeous Jackie. I fancy making a bookmark myself - been thinking about it for weeks. Now I've seen yours .... I might just get it together! pen x