Tuesday 1 February 2011

Recycled journal pages

I have been following Pam Carriker's workshop on the Strathmore Online Workshop site. The prinicple is that you create a journal page using copies of previous journal work. I started off by using pages I  had created for the GPP Street Team. I cut out three main shapes, tore a matching background into strips and adhered them all to my empty page in pleasing arrangement.

 

Once this was dry, I added some journalling in the negative spaces. I highighted the edges of my three main pieces using a charcoal pencil and added further colour using oil pastels. I then went over the whole page with a wash of gesso, to unify the elements.

 

To finish the page, I used acrylic paint and some sequin waste to add extra interest to the background, and added some painted squares. I went over some of the details on the main elements with black pen and added some shadows to some of the features in the background. I added a sentiment using a Tim Holtz stamp and then added further details and journalling with a white gel pen.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

I'm loving your journalling. These are fab!

Kari Desi said...

This turned out so nicely! What a difference that charcoal pencil makes.