Tuesday 28 September 2010

Wrinkle free distress

This is the Compendium of Curiosities challenge this week (see page 33 of Tim Holtz's book to see how to do this). I decided to use three different colours of blues. Once the background was dry, I used the Elusive Images stamp of the bird singing. I stamped over this with two Paper Artsy word stamps and went over them with a glaze pen.  To finish, I highlighted some edges with a white gel pen and then added the ribbon. Even my husband said he liked this one - high praise, indeed!

18 comments:

donna said...

I LOVE the colors you used! Beautiful tag!

Nancy said...

Good Morning Jackie! This tag is Gorgeous! This is my first visit to your blog - WOW!!! Your art is absolutely AMAZING! I'm your newest follower!

Sandi M said...

Jackie, these colors are gorgeous. I really like the song bird fly quote too :)

Pam said...

Very pretty subtle background!

Gez Butterworth said...

Tis gorgeous Jackie. Everything works so well together. :) The white pen makes everything pop.xx

Linda Ledbetter said...

Jackie, this is wonderful! Those blue tones are just gorgeous, and make such a dramatic and elegant wrinkle free distress look! That bird stamp is just awesome, and the way you framed it inside the two text blocks gives the piece a really polished look. Love it!

Suzanne Bouchard said...

Hum, love this monochromatic blue tag!

minnie_mac said...

Beautiful tag. Really atmospheric.

Marilyn

Yelowflower said...

very impressive, I love how it turned out....aren't gel pens the bomb?

Shelann said...

Pretty colors, nice scene too.

Maggie said...

Beautiful Tag love the colours and stamps

Maggie

lena-dailyscrap said...

Beautiful tag! Great grey tones.

Deborah said...

What a stunning tag!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tag Jackie!

Daniele said...

stunning so serene

Sue West said...

What a gorgeous tag Jackie. I love those beautiful soft colours.
Sue x

Netty said...

wow such a cool stunning tag, brilliant. x

Terry said...

Love the Winter scene you created with this background and stamps! Gorgeous!