Monday 19 July 2010

Strip Ease - encore


I decided to have another go at creating a background using torn strips of paper, so I have started my next journal. I actually think this is even more successful than my first attempt.


As previously, I glued down my strips and, once dry, sprayed over a mask. However, I didn't stop there! I then dry brushed some dark blue paint over the pages and stamped the yellow squares using acrylic paint. I used black Stazon ink to stamp the script and postmarks. To finish I dabbed over some light green paint using a baby-wipe, to reduce the starkness of the stamping. Now I just have to decide how I am going to use this background.

7 comments:

michelle ward said...

Jackie - this is stunning! Love the colors. Love the composition. Love the ethereal quality that emerges from the masking. Love that you shared all the steps involved to get to this. I say don't do anything else to it. Leave it as it is!! Hint: Can be used in an upcoming crusade ;)

Thanks for sharing more of your work with the team. Both entries are wonderful. Bravo!

goudenregen said...

I think Michelle has a point: the page looks fantastic as it is now. Love the stamps on top. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I like what you do with the pringle lids too!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making this more than a show-and-tell---you made it a HOW-and-tell. I love the tender colors and the gold on top. It's perfect.

Gilding Lilies said...

What a great page, thanks for sharing. Your work is wonderful, I'm glad to have discovered you. Happy Crusading!

Mescrap said...

absolutly beautiful.
thanks for this second page sharing .

finnabair said...

I just love this creation! Great colours, beutiful design!

Brigitte aka Scrappassie said...

I really really love this background. Sometimes it just helps so much to simply add more layers. I think especially the yellow square stamps adds a lot of contrast, I really like that. Very well done !