Monday 26 July 2010

Fun with fragments


I bought some Fragments (clear, thick plastic pieces in various shapes by Tim Holtz) ages ago and didn't do anything with them so I thought it was about time to play. This was the result. Most of them are decorated card stuck onto the back of the Fragment with Glossy Accents. Some are transparencies - this was slightly more tricky! To avoid the ink coming off the transparency I applied clear packing tape over the printed side and stuck the shiny, non-printed side onto the Fragment. This takes a while to dry so they have to be set aside for an hour or two. My favourite is the one in the middle with the pear and text. The pear was a Paper Whimsy image printed onto a transparency with a piece of text glued onto the packing tape behind it. I think it works very well, but of course I am biased!

6 comments:

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh, I love 'em all, Jackie!! They will be so fun to use...amazing! I love all this stuff-it's like year-round Christmas!
HUGS,
Cindy

Lizzybobs said...

these are brill - I have some and for the life of me I have not done anything with them - thanks for the inspiration - must go and dig mine out - I love what you have done with them and look forward to seeing what you do with them lv Liz

Nan said...

Hi Jackie...I love all of these but I do especially like the pear too! Where's the teal one though? LOL!

Junibears said...

Just been having a browse through your blog Jackie. You have some fabulous art! Love it all.
Hugs
June xx

Deborah said...

I'm sure we all have tons of stuff we buy and then put on a shelf - I know I do. But it was well worth getting these fragments out - they look fab!

Wendy Aspinall said...

Hi Jackie I coming over to see your work and wow I saw these fragments today and didn't get them because I wasn't sure what to do with them .. I'm going to pick some so thank you for sharing. Hugs Wendy