Saturday 15 May 2010

One year

Well, I have now reached the first anniversary of my blog and I can't believe I have been blogging for a year, especially as it all started out on a whim one Friday morning! I have to say I am really enjoying it and it is very interesting to look back over the year and see the journey I have travelled.

I am especially grateful to all my followers - thank you for your continued interest. It really is encouraging!

Here are two very different projects.
The first is a card I made using the leftovers of the ultra thick embossing enamel from the arch beads. I added a little colour to it, poured  it onto my craft mat and pushed a stamp into it.


The second is a journal page - I started with a thin layer of acrylic paint and added some subtle colour with water-soluble oil pastels. I then stuck on the two quotes and stamped around them.


Have a good weekend!

3 comments:

Faye said...

Jackie, congratulations on your 1st blogaversary! These two art works are both so gorgeous in their individual ways. I love the idea of using the leftover UTEE that way. What a great idea! And the second beauty reminds me of some ancient manuscript.

Elizabeth Golden said...

Congrats on your 1 year anniversary!! That is quite an accomplishment!

Nettie said...

these journal pages are wonderful, just my kind of thing !