Monday 12 April 2010

Nuts & bolts

Having been to the show at Ally Pally I had to create something using some of the things I bought, and here it is.


One of the things I bought was a TSS mould of cogs for metal work, so this is where I started. After laboriously moulding my metal I stuck it to some chipboard and added a border. I then built up a frame from foam board around it and covered it with Tim Holtz paper. I then die cut some cogs with my Cuttlebug machine using my new Tim Holtz die, sprayed them with various coordinating shades of Glimmer Mist, stuck them, once dry, onto acetate and cut around them so the acetate doesn't show. I stuck this to the frame and then added some metal sprockets. I added the PaperArtsy stamp ( I'm not not sure I understand it, but it fitted!) and clock face as points of focus. Done!

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

How absolutely creative, Jackie! I LOVE this piece!

http://truutske.blogspot.com said...

So amazing!!!
This is great and impressive work.
Love it.

Faye said...

Jackie, what a work of art! I love all the cogs and wheels. Your piece is beautifully balanced and designed.

Zuzu's Blog said...

this is cool.. i love your cogs and wheels...

WendyK said...

Wonderful, just love this.