Monday 8 March 2010

Grungeboard bracelet

I recently saw Sheena Douglass demonstrate how to make a bracelet from Grungeboard. Well, I couldn't let that one slip by without having a go, and here is the end result:


I have quite big wrists and and I don't like bracelets too tight, so I cut my piece of Grungeboard diagonally. I added the pattern by embossing it using a Cuttlebug embossing folder and then I sprayed an initial layer of Glimmer Mist over it. Once dry, I swiped an Archival Ink pad over the raised areas and the edges. Then I sprayed on two different colours of Glimmer Mist  in alternate patches. I made a small hole at one end and a larger hole at the other using my Crop-a Dile. I made the larger hole bigger with a pencil and attached a hitch fastener through the small hole. It's now ready to wear.

4 comments:

Ruth G said...

I love it!!

phoebe said...

Very pretty bracelet--love the color!

indybev said...

Love the bracelet! I have a big hand, and can never find bangle bracelets large enough to fit over my knuckles. This could just be the solution. Hmmmmmm

The Scrappy Tree said...

Great tutorial! I have some grungeboard, now just to find some fasteners... lol