Sunday 18 October 2009

In my house there is a butterfly ....

Dans ma maison il y a papillon.

Whilst on holiday, I bought a plain wood little house. Time to play.

I primed the wood with gesso and once dry painted it with turquoise and copper paints. On top of this I painted a splodge if crackle paint and highlighted the cracks with copper paint. Once I had added some stamps to some of the edges I stuck on some German Scrap that I had stained with stream alcohol ink. Having stuck on some relevant quotes I coloured these with turquoise ink. To add some finer detail I highlighted some of the stamping with a turquoise metallic pen and added some turquoise and coppers pearls, using pearl pens. Last but not least, I added the grungeboard butterfly which I decorated with a butterfly stamp and Glimmermist.

8 comments:

caramelle said...

very beautiful this little house.
bravo
:)
caramelle

Terri Kahrs said...

Jackie, your little house is GORGEOUS! Thank you, too, for sharing your techniques! Hugs, Terri

LivArtNow said...

Your house is sooo pretty!! love the colours and the textures!!

Linda

Unknown said...

Its beautiful i love

vintage wil said...

Beautiful house! great colors!!!

Stephanie said...

Very, very nice! I tried using crackle but didn't have the success you did. May have had to do with being impatient and using a heat gun on it - lol!

Unknown said...

Jolie maison, j'aime beaucoup les couleurs, merci de ta participation.

ISA said...

A nice original house ! :-)