Thursday 15 October 2009

Brown & pink tag

So far, I feel I haven't been too successful in making tags. Tag Tuesday set the challenge of making a pink and brown tag, so I thought I would have another go.

To start, I rubbed Distress Inks over the tag. I then embossed it using my Cuttlebug and rubbed vintage photo Distress Ink over it again to highlight some of the raised numbers. Next, I sprayed on some Radiant Rain to give the metallic shine. I had a scrap of paper that I had previously coloured with Starburst Stains, so I added this to the right-hand side of the tag and edged it with faux stitching in brown ink. The brown and pink flower, ribbons and three pink brads were added as finishing touches.

Let me know what you think.

5 comments:

Christine said...

Beautiful tag!

http://truutske.blogspot.com said...

Love the colors brown and pink.
Your tag is very very nice.

Sugar Lump Studios said...

love the effect that you created on your tag! beautiful design and love the distress look of it. thanks for playing!

Lynn Stevens said...

This is really lovely, I would love to see the sparkle in it! I bet its even prettier in person!

Nettie said...

I think you've done a beautiful job and that more tags are in order!