Sunday 26 July 2009

Sunday Postcard Art - fashion

I had great fun with this one! To start, I erased the background from the film strip and added this to the script background. I copied several images of the Time Magazine (a freebie) and layered them over each other, changing the angle each time. I then cut out the image of the woman from the magazine and made it small enough to fit into one of the apertures of the film strip. Once it was the right size I duplicated it several times to fit into the other apertures. I then added the picture of the second woman (another freebie), originally black & white, and coloured her clothes. For a bit of fun I added the dog (by iTkUpiLLi), colouring its coat pink. I added the frame as the final touch.

You can see the elements I used below.

9 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow really beautiful work.
Fantastic.

Lori Saul said...

Wonderful work- great to see all of the separate elements- then combined into a lovely postcard!!

Terri Kahrs said...

Jackie, this piece is beautiful! Thank you for revealing the individual elements. It's always so interesting to see how a piece was created. Hugs, Terri xoxo

Betty said...

Awesome card, love all the elements you used to make it.

indybev said...

This all came together beautifully. Very well done.

Willy said...

Beautiful fashion postcard!

libbyquilter said...

i always enjoy seeing the various bits and hearing how they came together and this is a really great card~!!~

:)
libbyQ

Martina said...

Terrific postcard, beautifully created!

LivArtNow said...

Lovely postcard!!