Saturday 18 July 2009

Collage

This is an 8 x 8 inch collage that I made this afternoon.

To start I tore up pieces of paper and laid them on my canvas board. When I was happy with the positioning I glued them on using matt gel medium. I then painted on gesso, pink and brown acrylic paint in a random fashion. Once dry I used a Clarity Stamp in each corner, embossing them with copper embossing powder. I did the same using the Tim Holtz 'memories' stamp. For the centrepiece, I tore a piece of DCWV script card and embossed the edges with the copper embossing powder. After adjusting the colours of a digital collage I had made previously and edging it roughly with a copper Krylon pen, I stuck it at an angle over the script, finally gluing the two layers to the centre of the board.

3 comments:

John Dyhouse said...

nice one Jackie, lovely collage

Deborah March said...

SUCH wonderful colours!

Sandra Foster said...

Love the colors you used in this collage. I am gradually going thru your blog - enjoying it very much. Sandra