Monday 22 June 2009

Spots & polka dots

The Die Cut Dreams challenge this week is 'spots & polka dots.' I passed a rectangle of Core-dinations card through the Cuttlebug using the polka dot embossing file. Once through, I gently sanded the card to reveal the dots in the core colour, pale yellow. I used an image from Pink Petticoat, which I coloured using watercolours, & die cut the edges using a Nestabilities' scalloped rectangle die cut shape. I then layered this onto black and cream rectangles. I chose a piece of coordinating cardstock and stuck this across the middle of the polka dot card, and then layered the image on top. As a finishing touch, I added four pale yellow eyelets, threading a green ribbon through two of them. Normally, yellow & black would not be colours I would choose but I am quite pleased with the end result. A little bit of experimentation outside one's comfort zone has to be good...

2 comments:

Susie Sugar said...

Hi this is beautiful I love the colour its a very pretty card
Thank you for joining in with this weeks challenge at DCD hope to see more from you in the coming weeks , we have lots of great themes lined up I'm sure you will love
Hugs Susie xx

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

Hi Jackie, this is a beautiful card, i love the patterns in the background and the image is super. Thankyou for joining in the DCD challenge this week and good luck.
Love n hugs
Vikki xx